Sunday, February 27, 2011

Perspective

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." -Albert Einstein
"A life not lived for others is not a life." -Mother Teresa

A couple of weeks ago saw me turn another year older. I still cannot believe how many people wished me a happy birthday. It really meant a lot to me and has really made me think about the quotes above. The fulfillment you can get from making someone else feel good is far more rewarding than anything we do solely for ourselves.

Well, I said that I might try to post a little more frequently now that my life is not consumed with triathlon training. One thing that I have certainly had more time to do lately is think. Sadly I haven't been able to find the same type of clarity that can come from a 2 hour long run, but I have been able to start running with my trail group a little. That is a god-send. I wish I could do more and train harder, but at least it is running.

Recently, I have been pondering my love of comedies. Or more specifically, my lack of desire to read or watch dark books and movies. Every time I look at the news there are plenty of stories of human suffering and loss that when I watch a movie or read a book, I don't want to feel that anymore.

On a different note - I am back to working at the golf course and have started playing a bit more golf. I am still a long way from where I was, but it is coming back. In many ways, I probably have a lot more potential as a golfer than I do a runner or triathlete, but I do miss training incredibly. Oh well! I guess I will just have to take that intensity to golf.

In the mean time; run friendly! -T

No comments:

Post a Comment