Friday, March 25, 2011

I'm back!

Well, it seems that with a new drug, Celebrex - the arthritis med, I have been showing great recovery and the doctor has given me the clear to go back to training. I meet with Panther next week to determine what it is that will entail. But I'll go through some of my thoughts on it.

One of my goals for this year was to do an ironman so that I could say I did it before I turned 30. While I could still probably get there, it wouldn't be pretty, and it certainly wouldn't be a race that I would be proud of. So that is on the shelf for the time being. Instead, I figure I will try to use those fast twitch muscles while I still have them and focus on 5ks, 10ks, sprint, and olympic tris. We shall see.

I don't know how all of this will work yet, but I am excited about it. With all the training, I am going to still try to find more of a balance in my life this season though. I don't have the passion for golf that I once did, and it certainly does not compete with running and triathlon, but I don't want to get as far away from it as I have the past two years. Also, I want to try to make more time for my friends that don't do the crazy training gig. Again, how this will all work out, I don't know. But I am going to give it the ole college tri. (Yeah, that was bad, I know.)

OK. That's all for now. Y'all run friendly! -T

No comments:

Post a Comment