Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Much Delayed Update

OK, I am officially tired of working on the flu! I meant to write earlier, but my work schedule made it hard. Plus I am lazy, so...

The Round-Up 10k was a tough race. I had run the course once before, but it was with a group and a slow pace, so my memory of it not being too hilly or tough was quickly proven inaccurate. My coach, Roger, paced my running buddy, Dave, and I are for the first part of the race. Roger had just ran the Boston Marathon that Monday, so his help was more than the normal act of kindness. What a trooper! We might have taken off a little too fast, but I know I would have never ran the race as fast without doing so. We ran the first 2 miles in under 13 minutes! Slowed up after that, but I still got my PR at 42:36! Dave too got his PR of 42:22. Not the course I expected it to happen on, but it was a rush.

I have had the opportunity to jump on Strawberry Shortcake, my bike, once and hit up the Veloway. It might be true that once you learn how to ride a bike, you never forget. However that saying says nothing to your ability to have confidence or even ride in a straight line. It was a scary and funny outing for sure, but I did have a blast. So once I get a new chain on her (little bit of a kink in it now) I will be out there more just trying to get comfortable again.

With that, and the ever increasing temperature, I think that it is safe to say that I am now moving forward with training for a triathlon. I have no idea what I am thinking in doing this, but I have a feeling it is going to be fun. :) Alrighty then, with that I am off to bed. Have a good one and remember to keep runnin' friendly! -T

PS Real pictures and better layouts coming. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment