Friday, January 9, 2009

Howdy!

Greetings to one and all and welcome to the maiden voyage of this blog. Being that this is the first entry I figure it would be best if I just tell you a little about me and why I am even doing this. My name is Tanner and am a 26 year old semi-avid runner. I grew up in the Hill County outside of Austin, and while driving out there, it is customary to wave at the other cars on the road. I would like to see a little more of that attitude in running. I understand and respect that running is a great escape; it allows you the chance to zone out and be completely alone in your thoughts as that is one of the things I enjoy most about it. At the same time, we are all out there doing the same activity, so we have something in common; why not try to make the world a little less big and formidable?

So, when you see me on the trail and I wave at you (more than likely just a lazy peace sign and a nod) do not take it as me hitting on you, but simply that I am saying, “Hi! Glad to see you out here”. We spend too much time focusing on the differences between each other. Burn that extra calorie to flash a peace sign and hey, maybe even flash a smile. :) See you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment